The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Backup and restore

Any question about the app? Ask it here
alexlong

[closed] Backup and restore

Post by alexlong »

Hi and thanks for AlpineQuest.
Are there plans to add Backup and restore section to the application? It would be very helpful to backup and restore landmarks using Google drive or Dropbox. 4pda Russian users asked me questions about it after they accidentally deleted in AQ some landmarks without any chance to restore it.
Best regards.
ds47uk

Re: Backup and restore

Post by ds47uk »

I use an Android App called Dropsync to automatically synchronise my Landmarks folder with an equivalent folder on Dropbox. You also have the option to not delete from the version in the cloud so that if you indavertantly delete from your tablet/phone it maintains a backup on the cloud.

I think the free version allows you to only have one synchronised pair of folders, but the app only costs a few pounds/dollars/euros and gives you unlimited folders to synchronise.

There is a similar App for GoogleDrive and for Microsoft OneDrive

hope this helps
David
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Alex,
You're right that auto-backup is important. I would recommend the use of an external backup application just like suggested by David (thanks for the tip).
This way everyone can use it's personal cloud service. I'm sure that if I had a Google Drive backup, people will ask for Dropbox support, then OneDrive, Yandex, etc and I'll end up working on a backup application ;)

Here is another app suggestion for auto backup on Google Drive.

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

Thanks to everybody. It really works.