The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Google (Earth) Maps Quality

It's all about maps...
Ali195

[closed] Google (Earth) Maps Quality

Post by Ali195 »

Hi all,

Ok so im using Google Maps (Earth) to show satellite images of a small park (to test). So i move the zoom slider to 20 & the image quality i very good, ie individual cars can be seen. So i then zoom tick boxes 20, 19, 18, 17 & 16, add the selection & click "create atlas".

Size comes to about 83MB > upload that to my HTC Desire 2.2 fine.

Opened up AlpineQuest but the when i go to max zoom, that same car part is rather blurry. Feel like ive been at this for hours now so really want to find out if its a 'feature' or im doing something wrong.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Google (Earth) Maps Quality

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
I made some comparisons yesterday and didn't noticed differences between the Google Map website (Satellite view) and an AQM map with Google Earth as map source. I'll try to post screenshots.

Note that the zoom slider will just zoom in/out the map without changing the detail level.
In order to get more details, you must use the + and - buttons on the sides of the zoom slider.
Regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Wos

Post by Wos »

I have a similar issue.I create a map which has ~ 80mb file size and when i try to browse it through AlpineApp map is super low resolution something like 200x200 pixels.

I don't know if i do something wrong but all i did was to follow the instructions from the site.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Do you use the + and - buttons inside AlpineQuest to change the level of details ?
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !