The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[resolved] norgeskart map

It's all about maps...
Hubiug

[resolved] norgeskart map

Post by Hubiug »

Hi,

I am trying to import maps of Norway from norgeskart.no, but I'm having a problem with the projection. From the information I found on the site, it appears that the map uses the EPSG:25833 projection (https://epsg.io/25833) but this is not the correct projection. When I import the OCG-WTK definition, the map is much too large. Here is what it looks like now, compared to the base map...
Screenshot_20230106-115039.png
(706.58 KiB) Not downloaded yet
If anyone has already imported the map or knows how to read Norwegian in order to find the correct projection on the norgeskart website...

Here is the AQX file I have so far:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<aqx version="7">

<import-ogc-wkt-def code="EPSG:25833L"><![CDATA[
	PROJCS["ETRS89 / UTM zone 33N",
    GEOGCS["ETRS89",
        DATUM["European_Terrestrial_Reference_System_1989",
            SPHEROID["GRS 1980",6378137,298.257222101,
                AUTHORITY["EPSG","7019"]],
            TOWGS84[0,0,0,0,0,0,0],
            AUTHORITY["EPSG","6258"]],
        PRIMEM["Greenwich",0,
            AUTHORITY["EPSG","8901"]],
        UNIT["degree",0.0174532925199433,
            AUTHORITY["EPSG","9122"]],
        AUTHORITY["EPSG","4258"]],
    PROJECTION["Transverse_Mercator"],
    PARAMETER["latitude_of_origin",0],
    PARAMETER["central_meridian",15],
    PARAMETER["scale_factor",0.9996],
    PARAMETER["false_easting",500000],
    PARAMETER["false_northing",0],
    UNIT["metre",1,
        AUTHORITY["EPSG","9001"]],
    AXIS["Easting",EAST],
    AXIS["Northing",NORTH],
    AUTHORITY["EPSG","25833"]]
	]]></import-ogc-wkt-def>

<name>Topo norvèges</name>
	<description>© www.norgeskart.no</description>

<source id="NO_raster">
		<name>norvège raster</name>
		<data-source><![CDATA[https://www.norgeskart.no/]]></data-source>
		<copyright>norgeskart</copyright>
		<region>EURO</region>
		<type>TOPO</type>
		<preview-location>3.581543,44.331707,14</preview-location>
		<level>
			<zoom-values>1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17</zoom-values>
			<update-delay>3M</update-delay>
			<servers>
				<referer><![CDATA[https://www.norgeskart.no/]]></referer>
				<user-agent>AQ</user-agent>
				<projection-code>EPSG:25833L</projection-code>
				<server><![CDATA[https://cache.kartverket.no/norgeskart_bakgrunn/v1/wmts/1.0.0/?layer=norgeskart_bakgrunn&style=default&tilematrixset=utm33n&Service=WMTS&Request=GetTile&Version=1.0.0&Format=image%2Fpng&TileMatrix={$z}&TileCol={$x}&TileRow={$y}]]></server>
			</servers>
		</level>
	</source>

</aqx>
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: norgeskart map

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
The problem is not the map projection (which seems to be correct) but the zoom level scales.
The map tiles are pre-rendered with a particular scale for each zoom level, you must also specify them if you want to get the display correct (otherwise the app uses the default OSM/Google zoom level scales, which are not the one used here).

Alternatively, you can open the maps list in the app, click on "Add more maps" at the end of the list and select "Norway Official GeoNorge Maps" :D
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Hubiug

Post by Hubiug »

Merci beaucoup !
C'était effectivement ce qu'il me semblait.
Vu que les cartes sont déjà disponibles dans les cartes communautaires, je n'en aurais pas besoin ici, mais c'est possible de définir la taille des tuiles pour chaque niveau de zoom ? Si jamais je rencontre le cas pour une autre carte, c'est utile de savoir comment faire

Effectivement, je n'avais pas vu, Merci beaucoup ! J'avais regardé si la carte n'étais pas déjà présente dans les cartes communautaires, mais en téléchargeant le fichier com.81.AQX, j'ai n'avais vu nul part un lien correspondant au domaine de norgeskart.no, donc je n'ai pas pris le temps de voir si c'était bien les mêmes cartes... Surtout que je ne sais absolument pas lire le Norvégien, donc je n'ai pas vu que c'était bien le même organisme sur leur site...
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

There is a quick exemple on how to specify the scale for each levels (using the "projection-resolution" tag) here: https://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/ ... mts_server

However, the norgeskart.no map server also offers the map with the "EPSG:3857" projection, which is the OSM/Google map projection, so in this case you do not need to specify all the scales because the ones used by default by the app match.

(I continue the discussion in English as we are in the English section, but don't hesitate to open a discussion in the french section if you want).
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Hubiug

Post by Hubiug »

Ok, I'll have look at that, thank you very much !!