The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Problems calibrating a jpg image to use as a map

It's all about maps...
pgs810394

Problems calibrating a jpg image to use as a map

Post by pgs810394 »

Have recently purchased the Off Road Explorer version and trying out various map formats.
However, I am having difficulty getting maps to calibrate from jpg images, and understanding how the calibration points work. Also, how do you know if a map has been created, e.g. where is it stored.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Problems calibrating a jpg image to use as a map

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Did you read the help on this subject?
https://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/ ... -calibrate
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !

Post by Guest »

I used the "How to calibrate an image to use it as a map", without success using an sqlite base map and a jpg image. When I pressed the "Close" icon to terminate the calibration process the jpg remained over the base map. As I asked, how do you know the operation has been successful, and if so, where is the calibrated image stored ?
The above example was for a cou try I hope to visit later this year and testing the GPS effectiveness on the image would not be possible until my visit.
So, I then tried a qct Ordnance Survey map and a scanned jpeg map of my local area so that, if successful, the GPS would be operational on the calibrated image. However, same end result as above.
My tablet runs Android 7.0.
So is it not possible to calibrate a jpg image using the above map formats, and again, if this does work, where and in what format is the calibrated image saved.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

When I pressed the "Close" icon to terminate the calibration process the jpg remained over the base map
Yes, this is normal.
where and in what format is the calibrated image saved.
In the "Imported maps" folder.
After calibrating the map, tap the "Map" menu -> Displayed maps -> long press the map you have calibrated -> Details -> Check the "File" section.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !