The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Kml Files

It's all about maps...
LoMarlok

Kml Files

Post by LoMarlok »

hi,

I'm pretty ignorant of cartography and computer (but I try to learn).

All my tracks are in kml format (used them in google earth), you can insert them in OfflineMaps including placeholder as I did in google earth? (in particular I would like to load the kml on bing maps)

I read in another post (in French) that you can load kml file in OfflineMaps but I could not find a way

thank you

(sorry for the translation "mechanics")
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Kml Files

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for you interest in our application.
Don't hesitate to ask question in French in the French section of this forum.

Concerning your question, only the 'Plus' version of OfflineMaps allows you to read and display GPX, KML or KMZ files. Just put these files on your device memory (or external SD), and using the Landmarks Explorer ('Landmarks' menu -> 'Explore landmarks'), browse your memory to locate your files. Click on a file to load it, and click on the 'Display contents' button to display all the file content. You can also display only some items.

These displayed landmarks are handled independently from the map, you can select any map, your items will stay displayed.

You can also manage displayed items (remove, edit, etc) by clicking in the 'Landmarks' menu, and then 'Displayed landmarks'.

Some screen shots are available here: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/1.4/landmarks

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
LoMarlok

Post by LoMarlok »

Thank you,
you have the plus version, but I did not understand how it was done, and even found the manual. :roll:

I imported the kml on the Bing map but I could not change the landmarcks, so I converted the kml in gpx (the manual says that the format is fully compatible) and now I can edit them.

I await advice, if there are other ways to change (especially the color) the landmarks

Thank you

PS
Great Program !!!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Yes you're right the online help is not helpful concerning the use of other formats.
KML files are read-only, so you can't edit anything from the application.
When using GPX files, you can edit various things, click on an item displayed on the map, select its name ans then 'Edit details'. You can also long-press an item from the Landmarks Explorer and select 'Edit details'. From the edit dialog, you can change the color.
Best regards
MarsArtis

Post by MarsArtis »

Hi there
i've not been able to find the Plus version of Offlinemaps in the Play store.
I'm wondering if it is able to export to kml too since I need to use tracked points in a cad application
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi and thanks for your interest in our application.
The plus version on the Play Store is here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... nemapsplus
And yes, it can export tracks and set of waypoints into KML file.
Don't hesitate if you have any more question,
Best regards
TrekkingLover

Post by TrekkingLover »

Is there a way to display png transparent images from tag icon from tag GroundOverlay in kml ? because I imported the kml referencing the files folder and it didn't display the images
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
Right now only "Landmarks" are supported from KML/KMZ files.
Map overlay are under work and should be available quite soon.
Best regards