The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] track recording

Something wrong? Report it here
anakete

[closed] track recording

Post by anakete »

Hi,
my mobile Samsung xcover 4s.
current alpinequest

if I record my track, the icon is blue (should be green, but I or?)
in the background, the app doesn't record my track.. (in the option record background if app is started is on)

thanks for your help
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: track recording

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
When the GPS realtime location is turned on in the app, the GPS menu is green.
And when the GPS track recorder is running in the app, the GPS menu is blue.

If the track recording stops when then app is no more displayed, be sure to:
- Allow the app and the GPS to run in the background is your device settings;
- Do not use any economy mode (the first thing it does is to turn off the GPS when the app is not displayed);
More details here: https://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/ ... k_recorder
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
anakete

Post by anakete »

gps option allow all the time is not displayed...
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

It's normal, the application does NOT use your GPS when the application or the track recorder are not started.
anakete

Post by anakete »

would it be better if i change my packages.xml like this?

Code: Select all

<perms>
            <item name="android.permission.FOREGROUND_SERVICE" granted="true" flags="0" />
            <item name="android.permission.REQUEST_IGNORE_BATTERY_OPTIMIZATIONS" granted="true" flags="0" />
            <item name="android.permission.INTERNET" granted="true" flags="0" />
            <item name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" granted="true" flags="0" />
            <item name="android.permission.VIBRATE" granted="true" flags="0" />
	    <item name="android.permission.READ_MEDIA_STORAGE" granted="true" flags="0" />
	    <item name="android.permission.WRITE_MEDIA_STORAGE" granted="true" flags="0" />
	    <item name="android.permission.ACCESS_BACKGROUND_LOCATION" granted="true" flags="0" />
	    <item name="android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION" granted="true" flags="0" />
</perms>
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,

No, just as previously said, the application never runs in "background" (from the Android system point of view), so it does not require the background location access.

The confusion comes from the fact that we call "background" an app that is started but not displayed (when you press the Home button of when the screen is off), but for the Android system such apps are still considered as "foreground". For the Android system, "background" apps are something different, it's when an application does start by itself without an action from the user (for example syncing applications that constantly update your files without you knowing). See the Android system definition here.

If you have problems with the track recorder while the screen is off, then you need to correctly setup your device as explained here, nothing else: https://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/ ... k_recorder