The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

No predictive text when editing Description

Something wrong? Report it here
leif

No predictive text when editing Description

Post by leif »

I've used AlpineQuest for years and I always enter a trip summary for the track in the Description (under "Edit Details"). In the past this text entry process always provided me with predictive text (i.e. suggested words are displayed and continue to update as I type a word). Currently I am getting no predictive text at all when editing the track Description in AlpineQuest. My workaround is to open a text editor app, type in the information there, copy it, and paste into the Description field in AlpineQuest. The fact that I am able to do this proves that predictive text does work on my device, and the problem appears to be specific to AlpineQuest. Can you please check if some setting has been inadvertently changed in the code at the latest app update, preventing predictive text?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: No predictive text when editing Description

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Leif,
I've checked and everything seems fine on all my test devices, I get the regular word suggestions.
I also checked the source code and word prediction is not disabled anywhere (it's active by default on all text fields).

Can you double check that you didn't changed anything on your keyboard settings? Especially if you say that it was working fine in the past.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !