The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Cannot save to this location

Something wrong? Report it here
Bengoiano

Cannot save to this location

Post by Bengoiano »

Camera doesn't have permission to save to this location.

I was using AQ just fine, saving photo waypoints when during use it started saying it couldn't save to this location. All permissions are granted to AQ. Settings are the same as another phone I use but this one doesn't allow me to save picture waypoints anymore. Audio and normal ones I can save. Just not photo waypoints. Any ideas why?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Cannot save to this location

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
It seems a problem with your Camera app. Some Camera app fail to save the picture on the external SD card.
If you set the app storage on the internal device memory instead of the external storage it should work.
Alternatively you can try to install a third party Camera app, or take regular pictures and add them to the app using the "Gallery" button instead of the the "Picture" button in the create waypoints infos.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
ong21

Re: Cannot save to this location

Post by ong21 »

Hi @Bengoiano,

just in case you use OpenCamera - there is an option to enable use of the "Storage Access Framework" - which essentially enables using the external SD card. Your app might have some similar setting.

Olaf
* together for the better software *
* https://datenbank-projekt.de/ *