The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[fixed] Favorite sets- map scale change

Something wrong? Report it here
helwin

[fixed] Favorite sets- map scale change

Post by helwin »

I do not know if it is a bug or a feature, but when switching between favorite maps, on some sets, not all, the map scale changes.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Favorite sets- map scale change

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Yes the scale can change a little bit when you select a favorite map to adjust to the new maps levels if they are different.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
helwin

Post by helwin »

So I have favorite sets that include my orthophoto and an imported plain image map as a layer.

Switching between them, the scale is absolutely stable.

Then I have favorite sets with these plain image maps ONLY.

When switching to these, the scale changes drastically. This seems to have a certain pattern, like from 1:13 000 it jumps to 1:34 000, I switch back to orthophoto and it is displayed in 1:52 000, switch again to plain image , now in 1:68 000 and so on.

This is quite annoying when operated in the field.
boowoo

Post by boowoo »

Yes, I have also the same trouble.
Maybe it should be good to use always the "OSM/Google zoom index id" like reference when switching between maps when it's possible ? (ex: zoom 13/14/15)
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

It does. The scale ratio is only for display.
When you switch from a map to another with the same zoom scales (like all OSM/Google maps and equivalent), the scale will not change because an equivalent can be found in the new map, but when you switch to a map with completely different zoom scales, the same scale cannot be used and the closest one is chosen.
I guess the last zoom level of your plain image is 1:34.000 (the current zoom level of the map is displayed in the map infobox after the scale, something like 4/4). Do you conform this?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

What could be done would be not to adjust the scale (leave it as before) if the setting "Auto-adjust zoom on map levels" is un-checked (in the "Zoom controls" section). It would make sense.
boowoo

Post by boowoo »

What I can say is that when switching between OSM maps and Google maps the scale don't change (OK) but if I switch to any french IGN maps ;) the scale go down one level (ex 15 to 14).
If I return to OSM or Google maps the scale don't change (14 to 14 OK) but if I go back to IGN map the scale go down again (14 to 13) etc ...
Same thing for online or outline maps with all levels, of course.
Weird behaviour !
helwin

Post by helwin »

Psyberia-Support wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:31 am[....]
I guess the last zoom level of your plain image is 1:34.000 (the current zoom level of the map is displayed in the map infobox after the scale, something like 4/4). Do you conform this?
I absolutely confirm this.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

I've made some improvements on this subject:
- First, if you un-check the setting "Auto-adjust zoom on map levels", the zoom scale won't be adjusted when you select a favorite set.
- Then, I've improved which level is chosen on the new map, so it will not reduce the zoom levels again and again.
helwin

Post by helwin »

Thanks a lot! Scale still changes a bit, but not that drastically, and I´m ok with that.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Now it should still adjust to the new map scales, but get back to the previous scale if you select again the previous map.
helwin

Re: [fixed] Favorite sets- map scale change

Post by helwin »

Absolutely, yes. Thank you!