The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[fixed] New Beta 2.2.8 version won't install from Google Play

Something wrong? Report it here
baegas

[fixed] New Beta 2.2.8 version won't install from Google Play

Post by baegas »

Hi
New Beta 2.2.8 version won't install on Samsung smartphone Note 20 Ultra
Note 20 Ultra has Android 11 (OneUI3.1) version installed, but the same version of AlpineQuest is installed in Note 8 (Android 9).

As of now, the Note 20 Ultra (Android 11) shows an update item in Google Play, but it cannot be installed.

Have a nice day
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: New Beta 2.2.8 version won't install from Google Play

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
If you cannot install the application then it's not a problem within the application but within the Play Store.
In this case there is nothing I can do. You can try to contact the Play Store support.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
baegas

Post by baegas »

Hi

thank you for your answer

I used the solution suggested by the Google Play Store, but it didn't work, so I contacted you.

I think I should contact Google again.

Have a nice day
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Maybe you can give some piece of information, like if there is a message, or the exact step that does not work...
psk

Post by psk »

Hello! I have the same problem. Phone Samsung M31, Android 11. Subscribed to beta testing of the program. There was a notification about the new version, but when trying to download "Installation error". The play market offers to perform some actions to fix the problem (clean the market cache, delete its updates, clean the cache of Google services, delete the Google account from the phone, and so on) but they do not lead to anything. I even did a full reset of the phone, unfortunately it did not help.

Post by Guest »

Hi. Same problem here. I wish I'd found this thread before deinstalling and reinstalling. Samsung S21, Android 11. The steps that others like @psk have outlined did not work for me either. Thinking this was a migration issue (just switched from an older Moto running Oreo), I removed the full/paid version, reinstalled successfully. Then signed up for the beta, waited, got the OK, and hit Update, and it threw the same error:

Can't Install AlpineQuest Off-Road Explorer
Try again, and if it still doesn't work, see
common ways to fix the problem

The link for 'common ways to fix the problem' points to

Code: Select all

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7513003?hl=en
I've followed all of their instructions except removing and re-adding my google account to the phone, which is ridiculous. Some Android information, if it helps:

Android 11
Kernel verion 5.4.61-qgki-abG998U1UEU1AUAJ #1 Wed Feb 3 23:10:23 KST 2021
Build number RP1A.200720.012.G998U1UEU1AUAJ
security patch level February 1, 2021

This phone is enforcing SE and Knox, in case that matters.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Thank you for your message.
I've received multiple reports in the last few days, so I'll try to keep in this message all known information in order to find the cause of the problem as soon as possible.

AlpineQuest versions: 2.2.8.
Android versions: It seems that the problem only occurs on Android 11 devices. However, the majority of Android 11 users have been able to update fine.
Known devices: Samsung S11+, Samsung S20+, Samsung S21, Samsung M31, Samsung A50, Samsung Note 20 Ultra. It seems that all devices are from Samsung, however the problem has also been reported on an OnePlus 5 with the Pixel Extended 11.0 ROM.
Workarounds: None (Stay on 2.2.7c).

A new update 2.2.8b has been published, it seems that this problem is now fixed.

Please report if you use another brand and also have this problem.
I'll keep you informed when I've more news.
Thierry

Post by Thierry »

Have same kind of issue. My Samsung A50 was updated to Android 11 this night and Alpinequest has been Uninstaller and cannot be reinstalled from Google play store. Would you have a solution ? Many thanks
Fairygen

Post by Fairygen »

Adding extra in case it's helpful - Samsung S20+ here. Tried to update the app yesterday, when it failed I uninstalled hoping that I could reinstall but no luck. Same message as others. However I have no problem installing the lite version or the offline maps app, it's only the full version that fails.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

I've just published a new beta version called 2.2.8b with some reverted changes possibly identified as the source of the problem. The version should be visible in a few hours once it's reviewed and accepted by the Play Store.
Please let me know if this version can be updated.
Superdave

Post by Superdave »

I have a OnePlus 5 with the Pixel Extended 11.0 ROM. It is running off Android 11 but no OneUI or Samsung involved.

I had the previous version installed through the Play Store without issue. Tried updating to the new version and it failed multiple times. So I uninstalled Alpine Quest. Tried installing and now it fails to install.
Superdave

Post by Superdave »

A quick follow up. I was able to install Alpine Quest 2.27c by downloading and installing the APK from the website.

Download Link
https://www.alpinequest.net/en/download
Fairyge

Post by Fairyge »

The new beta version now installed perfectly for me. Thank you so much
psk

Post by psk »

Psyberia-Support wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:26 am I've just published a new beta version called 2.2.8b with some reverted changes possibly identified as the source of the problem. The version should be visible in a few hours once it's reviewed and accepted by the Play Store.
Please let me know if this version can be updated.
Thanks for the fix, promptly! The update has been installed!
CruelShoes

Re: [fixed] New Beta 2.2.8 version won't install from Google Play

Post by CruelShoes »

Greetings,

It is not fixed for me. I still cannot install after removing application (my mistake!).

I have a Samsung Galaxy S10e running Android 11 (updates are current).

Thank you!

Best regards,
Fred