The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[fixed] Galaxy Note II offline Mode don't work

Something wrong? Report it here
Roberto

[fixed] Galaxy Note II offline Mode don't work

Post by Roberto »

Hello, the program is great, I'm happy with it.
The only thing, the offline Modus don't work.
It is switched on and still downloads tiles from the Internet.
Can you fix this please
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Galaxy Note II offline Modus don't work

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your feedback.
I've just made more tests on the "offline mode" option and all worked fine.
Note that when this mode is activated, the area already stored are still displayed.
Also, be sure to use the last application version.
Please give me more details if you still have a problem with this feature.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !

Post by Guest »

Hello thanks for your request.
Once it worked, when I remember well, when this feature came out new. Since two or three updates I don't work anymore. Last update yesterday. Everything else works very well.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Here is the online help on this feature: http://www.offline-maps.net/en/help/map ... tored_data.
Can you describe more precisely what's happening when checking the "offline mode" option and what you're waiting.

Also can you confirm you're talking about the "Offline mode", I'm not even sure what you're talking about.
Also, can you tell me what Android version do you have.
Thanks a lot.

Re: Galaxy Note II offline Mode don't work

Post by Guest »

I'mttalking about the offline mode in your program , where you change the maps.
The thing is that I downloaded a map which is updated justa vew days after. I don't want this update or only with WiFi. Now I'm traveling, online with WhatsApp or what else, use your program for to navigate and I switched the offline mode in your app and it still update the map. And consume my datas for nothing.
So in the moment I have to go completely offline from Internet. And be not conectable for friends.
I don't know about the version of Android.
Got a Samsung Galaxy Note II, original Firmwar. I think above 4.1
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,
I'll have a closer look at this feature, test more cases, and let you know.
Sorry about your disagreement.

Post by Guest »

My disagreement?
This I don't understand.
As I wrote, when you added this feature it worked fine. After the next update it didn't.
I think a disagreement is when I switch your application into offline mode and it still download data and use my monthly gigabyte for a unwanted update.
So when I use your application and I don't want the update I have to switch the complete phone offline and I can't use WhatsApp forexample.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

I took the liberty of removing last posts.
Be sure I don't like to joke on users or anyone, I'm sorry if you thought that. If you have a look around here, you'll see that I'm only trying to help users, all with different knowledge which I can only guess and its not always easy.
Now back to your problem, as I told you in my first post, when I start the app, activate the offline mode and zoom in an area which is not stored, I get "Offline mode" messages on the map and no data is downloaded.
It doesn't mean there is no bug, but if you have more info on how to reproduce your problem it would be helpfull for me.

Post by Guest »

OK.
I've done now exactly what you wrote.
Offline mode activated, zoom in an aera which I didn't downloaded before and it does download!
Samsung Galaxy Note II, original Firmware.
What else do you need to know?
But sorry, I'm asking now since three weeks or more and explained everything clearly.
I copy now the postings and if we don't find a solucion I gonna make it public.
I hope you understand me. I'm not a bad person, but I got enough now. It waste my time and my datas. Who will compensate it? I'm very busy and don't need more problems.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Have you tried to un-check and check again the offline mode option?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,
I'm sorry if this problem is still not resolved after so much time. It's just that bugs don't get corrected in a snap... I first need to reproduce the problem, so I can check what is wrong, and finally find a suitable fix.
With my last question, I wanted to check if the bug wasn't a display problem between the check option displayed in the menu and the internal state of the map. Un-checking it and re-checking it would restore a correct match between what is displayed and what is in the internal state (sorry, it's a bit technical), I wasn't assuming you did something wrong... If everything were working fine you shouldn't need to do something like this anyway.
But I finally found the bug: if you select any online map and activate the offline mode, it's working fine. If you restart the application, the map is restored with the offline mode, but is you select another online map, the offline mode is not applied for it, whereas the displayed "offline mode" option stays checked. This is an important issue, and I'm sorry about it. This will be corrected in the next version, which won't unfortunately be available soon.

Until then, the "workaround" is to re-check the "offline mode" after selecting another online map.
For users that do not need other online apps running, the best way to avoid data usage is still to use the airplane mode of the device.
Roberto

Post by Roberto »

Thank you very much.

Very great app!
Highly recommendable!
My friend got it as well and we can share our tracks.

Best wishes
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

It's now fixed in AlpineQuest 2.