The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[fixed] Impossible to store maps on ext. SD card: access d.

Something wrong? Report it here
Christian

Re: [fixed] Impossible to store maps on ext. SD card: access

Post by Christian »

Hi,
I continued having SD Card issues. So I did reset my Fonepad to factory settings, cleaned up all SD App folders and reinstalled Alpinequest and now everything seems to be ok :) It might have been some buggy Asus setup of 4.4.2 update.

I'll make some further test and if something seems to be still working bad I'll let you know.
Thank you very much for the support and the excellent app.

Christian
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: [fixed] Impossible to store maps on ext. SD card: access

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Thanks a lot for your feedback and this good news!
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Davehardy

Re: [fixed] Impossible to store maps on ext. SD card: access d.

Post by Davehardy »

Hi,

I have a LG smartphone model L33L with an Android 5 OS. I installed Alpine Quest 4 to 5 months ago. I followed your instructions on using the SD card for storage for Android 4.4 and higher. I had been using the SD card for storage sucessfully until a few days ago. At that time, I got a message saying that the app failed to detect or use a suitable storage location. When I try to correct this problem by going into settings under storage device, the app shows I have an SD card, but will not let me select it. It shows an unlocked pad lock where the selection circle should be. It shows the path to be "/storage/external_SD/Android/data/psyberia.alpinequest.full/files/Read-only, Stored:-" I do not believe my SD card is read only since I am able to write files to it using my PC and of course the app has been writing maps to it for months.

Can anyone tell me what went wrong? I was using the app without problem one momment and then a few minutes later I got the error message. I know that this phone and SD card worked with this app for months, but now will not. Thanks
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: [fixed] Impossible to store maps on ext. SD card: access d.

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
You can try the following things:
- Un-mount, check for errors and re-mount your SD card from the Android settings (storage and SD card section);
- (or/and) Restart your device.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !