The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[resolved] Lockscreen never enables

Something wrong? Report it here
photoleif

[resolved] Lockscreen never enables

Post by photoleif »

Hi. Running AQ 2.3.4.R8118 on Android 13 (kernel 5.4.210 etc) on a Samsung S21 ultra with One UI ver 5.1.

I have recently noticed that the Android screen blank function seems to be disabled while AQ is active and visible on the screen. When the phone is at its homescreen, blanking occurs per Android setting (dims at 1 min 50 sec, then blanks and locks at 2 min). In AQ, the setting "Display over lockscreen" is NOT checkmarked, and as a test I have toggled it on, then back off, and the screen still stays on for AQ. The screen will never blank when AQ is running -- I forgot and came back after 45 minutes and it was still going, haha. Any suggestions on what to start doing to troubleshoot?

Thanks
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Lockscreen never enables

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
There is an AQ setting called "Screen always on". Check that it is not checked.
Also, when a progress bar is displayed, the screen won't turn off automatically, so the device doesn't go in doze mode and interrupt the running process (this behavior can be turned off with an user setting).
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
photoleif

Post by photoleif »

Hi. Please mark [resolved]. The new beta version that just installed last evening took care of this. That you mention the progress bar is also important, as some of the previous sessions when it never blanked, were indeed displaying a progress bar. Thanks again and I consider this fixed (or explained).
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Ok perfect!
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !