The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[done] compass direction from current location to target

Any question about the app? Ask it here
scb@dadlnet.dk

[done] compass direction from current location to target

Post by scb@dadlnet.dk »

Great program working flawlessly on my Legend.
But I think that it would be nice with the compass direction from the current position to a target besides the distance, as it is now. I haven't found that possibility in the program, but it would facilitate the use of a compass when you are out in the wilderness.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: compass direction from current location to target

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi!
Thanks for using AlpineQuest and give your feedback.
As far as I understand your need, I think you can do it with version 1.0.3.
Open the compass tab, then click on it, you will then open the Compass window. If you have a waypoint selected, its direction from the center position is given in green.
Let me know if its what you need.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !

Post by Guest »

Thanks for your reply. Its not what I meant, and I will try to be clearer.
When I have a fix, the current position is in the middle of the map. Then, when I move the map with a finger on the touch screen, the current location moves, and the center of the screen is on another place in the map, which I call the target. There is, at the place of the current location a figure, which is the distance from that to the center of the map in meters, and there is a thin line between the current location and the center, and I think it would be good to have the direction from the current location to the center of the map also together with the distance (for the benefit of out door hikers who never leaves home without a compass). And it would be perfect, if the mentioned distance and direction was located at the target in the middle of the screen, since the current location often leaves the screen, when the map is scrolled. I know that the information vanishes when I lift my finger from the screen, but nevertheless I find the information useful and easy to get hold of just using one finger on the screen and handling the smartphone with one hand. Kind regard.
scb@dadlnet.dk

Post by scb@dadlnet.dk »

Guest wrote:Thanks for your reply. Its not what I meant, and I will try to be clearer.
When I have a fix, the current position is in the middle of the map. Then, when I move the map with a finger on the touch screen, the current location moves, and the center of the screen is on another place in the map, which I call the target. There is, at the place of the current location a figure, which is the distance from that to the center of the map in meters, and there is a thin line between the current location and the center, and I think it would be good to have the direction from the current location to the center of the map also together with the distance (for the benefit of out door hikers who never leaves home without a compass). And it would be perfect, if the mentioned distance and direction was located at the target in the middle of the screen, since the current location often leaves the screen, when the map is scrolled. I know that the information vanishes when I lift my finger from the screen, but nevertheless I find the information useful and easy to get hold of just using one finger on the screen and handling the smartphone with one hand. Kind regard.
Have you noted my above quoted reply ? Do you have any comments ?
Best regards
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
Yes I'm sorry.
You're right this information is not available easily since you can only get compass direction to a focused waypoint (and not just the center).
It should be added in the next version (added in wanted features list here).
Best regards
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
This feature is available in version 1.2.0 (as far as I clearly understood your need).
Best regards