The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Track recorder activities

Any question about the app? Ask it here
alexlong

Track recorder activities

Post by alexlong »

Hi.
When recording a track, I found that the app started suggesting different activities.
1. What happens if I select one activity or another?
2. What happens if I don't select anything?
3. Is it possible to make the text in the Russian version in Portrait mode either more compact or with word breaks? In other words, to format the text to fit the screen.
Screenshot_2023-05-17-15-04-11.png
(402.74 KiB) Not downloaded yet
alexlong

Re: Track recorder activities

Post by alexlong »

I figured it out.
Tracks are written in different colors depending on which activity is selected.
https://www.alpinequest.net/forum/viewt ... 055#p18264
Added activities for recorded tracks, displayed in various colors and filterable in the recorded tracks folder
What does the word filterable mean in this case?
Does it mean that the tracks are just written to this folder?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Alex,
Yes, now by default the application asks you for the type of activity when starting to record a new track or a new segment (note that you can disable this in the settings).
If you don't choose anything or choose "none", then it's like before.
If you choose an activity, then after the recording the track will be displayed in the activity color, when you select it you'll see the icon of the activity, and when you open the "Recorded tracks" list, you can click on the top/right icon in the "Statistics" panel and choose to only display tracks of one particular activity.

I'll try to make it look better for translations with longer names, right now you're right it's quite strange. Don't hesitate to suggest better names or even abbreviations.
François
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

Hi, François.

Thank you for the feedback. Actually, I work on the translation of the names into Russian now - in some places the Google translation is a slightly incorrect. That's understandable, because Google is a machine. But I'll fix it soon and send you an updated list of terms.
As for long names, I can tell you that it's not always possible to make a name short because of the language's specificity.
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

By the way, in the Russian version I would use a different term instead of Activity, which in English or French sounds as Mode.
In the Russian version it sounds more correct to me. I even started a discussion on 4pda, because all Russian-speaking users will use it afterwards. Things that seem right to me may not be right for others. Errare humanum est.