The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Leave captured rectangle on screen for a little while

Any question about the app? Ask it here
jidanni

Leave captured rectangle on screen for a little while

Post by jidanni »

Let's say we want to capture all of colorado. Okay we make a rectangle and we capture all of colorado. Now let's say we want to capture all of wyoming. We do the same thing.

Okay now let's say that those two rectangles are some arbitrary neighboring rectangles and not state boundaries.

When we want to capture the Wyoming area we will still need to know that Northern boundary of the Colorado area in order to make our captured areas join where we want

The problem is when we want to capture the Wyoming area we already have removed the rectangle of the Colorado area so we can't exactly clearly see where the previous rectangle was!

So it would be good to have it still on the screen a little that way we could align the second boundary to where the first boundary ended.

Yes, it is true after we capture our first rectangle can stare at it for hours. It's only when we want to start delineating our second rectangle that we need to clear off the first rectangle in order to start delineating the second rectangle. But then we don't have any reference to where our first rectangle was.

Sure we could go and make waypoints before all this but then we have to clean them up later if we don't want them.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Leave captured rectangle on screen for a little while

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
What you can do if you want to keep some area visualized, is to create an area (center tap -> Create a placemark -> Area) of the region you plan to store. Then store this area.
Because right now I have already so much features waiting concerning the store area tool, and I have no idea when I'll be able to work on this...
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

What user setting is responsible for the thickness of the area line and what values are available (used by default)?

I really liked this idea of marking the boundaries of a section of the map loaded in this way. I realise that this is not a proper solution, something like a workaround (in Russia programmers use the word "костыль" [a crutch] in this case), but it works.
Ingensor

Post by Ingensor »

alexlong

fill transparency (прозрачность заливки)
landmarks.painter.outlines.fill_alpha_factor=0.33

border thickness (толщина границ)
landmarks.painter.outlines.factor=1.0
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

Thanks (спасибо)!

N.B.
Fill transparency can be adjusted with the Opacity slider, right?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Fill transparency can be adjusted with the Opacity slider, right?
Yes
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !