The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Main menu function button long pressing

Any question about the app? Ask it here
alexlong

Main menu function button long pressing

Post by alexlong »

Hi again.

Main menu function button, leftmost on the screen → a long pressing triggers an action assigned to the very first (top) custom item. This option is very handy. For example, I assigned "Quick waypoint" to it. When I have to put a waypoint quickly, I just do a long press on the main menu button, thats too easy to do.
But.... This action is not obvious. That is, a common user may not guess that this possibility exists, unless he suddenly discovers it by chance by trying.
Is it possible to make some kind of hint for this? I haven't figured out exactly how to do it. Perhaps to add a hint in small blue font in the settings of custom items?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Main menu function button long pressing

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Alex,
Yes you're right I can add a small hint message.
Did you also notice than when you long press a menu button, while the sub-menu is displayed, then the second item is called? ie long press -> call first item, short press + long press -> call second item. And it does work for all menus ;)
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

Yes, François, I know.

It is very convenient and I use it all the time. Some time ago in the AlpineQuest thread on the 4pda forum (I moderate that thread and the Navigation section of that forum) I posted a little help - Gestures in AlpineQuest. As you have the ability to browse that forum, see it here.
If you need to, you can use that for your AlpineQuest 2.x Online Help.

And the question I asked is because this very handy option is not obvious, and can be found by chance. Because not all users are advanced, and not all users run AlpineQuest day and night, it's worth helping them.

But I haven't figured out yet how to make a hint. :geek:
suntalla

Post by suntalla »

Hi François,
Thanks for explanation second long press. I didn't know that option. Works great and sometimes verry usefull.
Friendly greetings
Jos
geofactotem

Post by geofactotem »

That is very interesting and useful to know, still so much to learn. I am sure François did an enhancement a few months ago to enable to change the sequence of main menu custom icons. (Thus avoiding the need to delete and rebuild). The original request was in French from Boowoo. I have forgotten how to do it and can't find a response to custom icons in the help file. Could someone refresh my memory please?
suntalla

Post by suntalla »

Hi,
Yes. Had the same thought often.
Move up/down/top/bottem like map layers.
Friendly greetings
Jos
boowoo

Post by boowoo »

Hi Geofactolem,
No, unfortunately this feature isn't implemented yet.
Sam