The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Latest Beta

Any question about the app? Ask it here
geofactotem

Latest Beta

Post by geofactotem »

Hi,

I see from another thread there is a new beta -r7776.

I am not sure as a beta user if I am supposed to get updates automatically, but certainly the the last one I forced from Playstore but r7776 is not showing there yet.

If you use Application icon > More you get a fairly generic menu which is common to a lot of apps. What is missing though and does generally seem to be available elsewhere is 'Check for updates'.

I think this would be a sensible addition or am I missing something?

Regards
David
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Latest Beta

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi David,
There is always a delay between the time I upload a new version on the Play Store, and the time it is presented by the Play Store to users. The Play Store makes a lot of checks and tests before making a new version available.
For beta versions this is usually fast (usually less than one day), but for regular updates it can take a few days...
Screenshot from 2022-06-11 13-15-29.jpg
(51.74 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
geofactotem

Post by geofactotem »

Hi Francois,
Thanks for the prompt clarification. I do hope you don't think I was being critical because I wasn't.

What do you think about adding 'Check for Updates' to that sub menu?

Regards
David
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

I do hope you don't think I was being critical because I wasn't.
Absolutely not. I just gave some details because you are not the first one to ask this question.

The "Check for update" would not add anything else I guess, as soon as the new version I have added on the Play Store is reviewed and accepted by Google, it's automatically send to users. I don't know when it happens. I just know when I update a new version on the Play Store. So if you want to check for updates, just go on the Play Store and check if you have the "Open" or "Update" button.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !