The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Several suggestions

Any question about the app? Ask it here
MapWorm

Several suggestions

Post by MapWorm »

Offlinemaps SEVERAL REQUEST
Alarm when downloads are finished
Alarm on first error
Alarm on signal disconnected
Posters
Pretty please
Need to "print" marked area to a jpg file, which in turn need to be printed to any paper sizes on a normal printer. If you can be split into eg A4 paper sizes would be awesome. Else just export the poster to a large jpg, which in turn can then be printed by any pc apps available.
Grids
Grid builder into BLOCKS or LINES
Grid blocks x amount of km or miles
Grid lines is basically just an area chops with lines.
Polygon downloads
Download area as in a Polygon (allready listed)
Track download
Download area in a line, track, etc.. x miles/km Left + right of the track or river track, will be awesome when backpacking
Point download
Here a predefined area around each point (or globally in settings) can be set for each point. This very helpful when selecting a couple of cities to quick download, then because the area to quick download was allready set, when the point was created. It can be set this way. Individual download are for any point must take first priority over the global area in settings, which was set in settings for any point
Basically it's all tools to make downloading a pleasure
All downloads selected levels of downloads. Level selection boxes
L01
L02
L03
L19
This can be set in settings not to make too many pop ups
Most of the times we need only to update a specific level in a short time or data shortage.
Queueing downloads
The above downloads when queueing, we don't have to wait for download to complete, to continue to the next selection process.

Thanks you for all the hard work team

Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Several suggestions

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your suggestions.
Various of them are already in the wanted list (Polygon downloads, Track download), I've added some others (Alarms, Point download, Queueing downloads).
Grids: as far as I understand, it's already available:
All downloads selected levels of downloads: this won't be added I guess, if you store zoom level 15 for example, it's much more convenient to have levels 14,13,12.. as well so you can un-zoom as you want. Also, if it's a matter of saving space, it's worse to know that the last level take 4/5 of the total space, so by removing the previous level you only same 1/5 os the space, which is not much.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
MapWorm

Post by MapWorm »

Thx in gazillions
Wow the ease of use is just getting better by the day

Much appreciated
MapWorm

Post by MapWorm »

My apologies
Grid builder I meant

BUILDING A VISUAL GRID WHICH CAN BE SAVED AS A LDK

This grid can the be send to other groups which help for example looking for A LOST KID in wooded area

When we start to mention
Lat + Lon most people think you are inzane or they cause mistakes, starting with different formats of lat + lon - BUT WHEN YOU GIVE THEM A VISUAL PRE BUILD GRID (ldk) WELL THEN IT HELPS A LOT. No matter which format each person's maps are set to....

Same as in an emergency
VISUAL VERIFICATION IS THE ANSWER

Still Hope this can be build in
Can be a life changer

Keep up the excellent work

Do you have any android app which we can use in this forumn?

Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,
Thank you for the explanation about the grid.
I don't think an exact tool like this will be added in the application in the future, this is a too special use case. Maybe you can find dedicated website/tools/apps that can do this and export the result in a GPX/KML file you can open with the app.

However there are similar and more generic ways to do it which are already available in the application, using existing grid systems like UTM, QTH or geohash.
These are widely used grid systems. Depending on your country, you can use a local grid that have even more flexibility like OSGB in the UK, Irish Grid in Ireland, DFCI in France, etc. that are supported by the application. In the US you can download pre-made SHP files of the TRS grid system.
For example:
- Click on the "Placemark" menu -> "Search a location" and in the input format select "World -> Maidenhead Locator (QTH)".
- Click on "OK" (leave the pre-filled text search). The application will display the grid square at your current location. Move to the left and start again for the next grid square.
- To display a larger square, do the same but remove the last 2 letters of the search field.
Hope it helps.
MapWorm

Post by MapWorm »

When can we expect the downloads for waypoints as selected. It will be an awesome help at this stage for my workload.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Unfortunately right now I can't give any availability date, there are so much features already waiting.
j.m.vd.wiel

Re: Download along a track

Post by j.m.vd.wiel »

Hi François,
Not to get lost. Tiles in high zoomlevel downloaded along a path. Tiles limited because servers can handle only somuch.
Further away from the path a lower zoomlevel. With b-router offline autorouting functional (no tiles needed to get a path, works on a black screen) you would still have all the paths to find your way out. These two features together, download along a path and brouter would compliment eachother is my quess.
Complicated to make it work though.
A.Q. is the best.
Friendly greetings
Jos