The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[added] Audio annotated waypoints

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Miguel

[added] Audio annotated waypoints

Post by Miguel »

Hi there,
An excellent improvement would be to have the ability to associate audio notes (recorded on the fly) to waypoints. This would be a great feature for people who work in the field and need to record information associated with waypoints.
The most useful way would be to have a flexible recorder allowing the user to easily switch between recording and pausing freely, in the same audio note. All pieces of audio would be joined in the same note associated with the waypoint (instead of having a continuous recording).

Cheers,
Miguel
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Audio annotated waypoints

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your feedback.
This is actually a good idea.
I don't know what I'll be able to do, and when (I'm very busy with the new update right now), but I'll definitely have a look at this...
Thanks again
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Miguel

Post by Miguel »

Thanks!
Looking forward for the new version.
Best,
Miguel
T2D

Post by T2D »

*BUMP*

I'd like to upvote this suggestion. I have a need for recording voice notes, or bird song, at waypoints.

It doesn't have to be fancy. A competing app records audio in 3gp format and then you have to use Android's stock Video Player to playback the recorded audio (which provides absolutely no UI to start/pause/resume). That's about as rudimentary as you can get and the audio quality isn't very good. That's the minimum and anything better than this simplistic implementation would be (obviously) appreciated.

PS
For my purposes, this is a low-priority enhancement (a "nice-to-have").
helwin

Post by helwin »

This would be a really nice feature!

I would like to use my phone´s voice recorder and place the files along the track like I do now with picture waypoints.

Best regards, hel
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

This is now available from versions 2.2.9b.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
helwin

Re: [added] Audio annotated waypoints

Post by helwin »

Yes, I have already used it, this is so great, thank you very much!