The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Automatic Maps in V1.3.5

Any question about the app? Ask it here
keveaves

[closed] Automatic Maps in V1.3.5

Post by keveaves »

Having used AlpineQuest for over 18 months I have seen many changes and only once have I had recourse to complain about the app and the problem was swiftly resolved but the change to auto maps is ridiculous.

I use AlpineQuest for hiking and Geocaching. I love the offline map function. I want to be able to set my device (HTC Desire HD) with a particular map and then drive to that area. I don't want my phone to become a useless brick due to the pop-up window telling me something I already know, can manage on my own and can't close. If I am outside the map area then the pop-up continually pops-up regardless of whether I click yes or no. After a few minutes of continuing pop-ups the phone then reboots.

Why do you not have older versions available so that users who have paid money in good faith can at least roll-back their software (uninstall and re-install) to get around these issues before a fix is implemented? (The APK links in Official Communications do not work).

I hope this issue is resolved or at least the previous working version is made available.

Many Thanks for what is usually an excellent app.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Automatic Maps in V1.3.5

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for posting here.

First, sorry if this new feature is boring for you.

It was suggested by another user and I found it to be a good idea. I tested it for a while and it seemed fine. The dialog should not shown if you are moving the map manually, so it should be while using the GPS locked on the current location?

I admit that if the dialog shows many time it's not usable.
I will re-think or or revert this feature in the next version. I'll try to release it quite soon.

Until then, you can use a new version 1.3.5b where I reverted this feature: http://www.alpinequest.net/res/. I have also corrected the APK links.
Sorry again about that,
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
keveaves

Post by keveaves »

Many many thanks for the quick resolve.

I do not find the new feature boring, the app is fantastic and probably my second most used app on my Android phone (1st is email).

I love the work that you guys put in and do appreciate the effort but after the update the feature just didn't work, the idea and reason behind it are understood and accepted.

Now the ability to roll back is available you get five stars from me. Keep up the good work. Thanks.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Thanks for this feedback.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !