The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[done] Notification(s) when aproaching to waypoint

Any question about the app? Ask it here
kamov

[done] Notification(s) when aproaching to waypoint

Post by kamov »

Firstly, I would like to thank you for making this amazing app :P
I do a lot of geocaching and I use cgeo in urban areas with good reception. But in places with limited connectivity AlpineQuest comes to play :)

1.) It would be very nice if in addition to the "Warning if the user goes too far from the followed track" there would be notification(s)-(warning(s)) when user comes to a certain range from geocache or any selected waypoint. It would be very useful for trails with a lot of geocaches where I don't want checking my phone all the time. It is also nice that this would work offline where google navigation - walking won't.

2.)It would be also nice to include shortcut to Google Navigation (Walking) (It skips confirmation step and starts navigating imediately-walking mode) It would look like this: select landmark>open with...>Navigation (Walking) - this won't be needed if first suggestion will be added :P

Thanks for your time and sorry for my bad english :(
-K
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Notification(s) when aproaching to waypoint

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
I'm really sorry for the delay of this answer, I have completely missed your post.
Thanks for your suggestion.

Yes, you're right, a proximity alert is really missing in the application. It's not in high priority, we'll try to add that very soon, like the next or following version.

For 2), I'll have to check what's possible to do with Google Navigation, and if possible it will be added in the next version.

Sorry again
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Alpine

Post by Alpine »

I looked for this feature when I first bought Alpine Quest, but at the time had another app on a WM phone so used to manually type in the co-ords. My WM phone is long gone and I too would like the proximity alarm feature added to Alpine Quest please. For people wondering why you would want this app -

Walking with friends or perhaps cycling long distance - A proximity alarm is useful to avoid missing your turning, timing point or waypoint when you are distracted by conversation or concentrating on traffic.

Geocaching in a busy are, when you don't want to walk along staring at a phone, you can use the earpiece / headset to monitor the situation without arousing suspicions. If the "beep" grows louder or faster the closer to the waypoint you are then you can avoid looking at the phone for even longer, if you use the stereo function to get direction as well it is even better!

Casual geocaching on a journey - audible alert whenever you are x metres from a geocache.

AQ used in conjunction with c:Geo and Memory Maps is the best combination for Android. Thanks
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Sorry for the delay!
Yes I'll try to add this feature in the next update, it would be good to have.
kamov

Post by kamov »

Thanks for adding all of the features I requested!! Really nice! :P
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: [done] Notification(s) when aproaching to waypoint

That was nice requests!
Best regards
kamov

Post by kamov »

Hi, I would like to make two sugestions regarding proximity alerts.

1. Alert should be heared only a few times (2-3x) while being in the center circle area (1/4) it gets really annoying after a full day of intense geocaching, being total of 2hrs or more in the inner circle :) Even better option- add proximity alert settings menu in AQ settings where also interval and alert volume can be configured.

2. Disable proximity alerts during a call
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
Thanks for this feedback.
I'll try to improve this for the next update.
Best regards
MichaelAQ

Post by MichaelAQ »

I was looking for a way to suppress a proximity alert when I came across this post that seems to indicate that there is no such thing. What I would want would be to be able to suppress the alert so that it doesn't sound again for the current waypoint but it will sound if you get within range of any other waypoint.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,

Yes you can disable an alert (hopefully), click on it and select "Remove" to delete it. You can also temporarily disable it by listing the displayed landmarks (landmarks menu -> Displayed landmarks) and un-check the alert.

Also, I think that what you're trying to do is to put an alert on a set of waypoints (you can also do it on a route): display your set on the map, click on one of the waypoints, click on the set name, and select "proximity alert". This will create a proximity alert for each points.

Best regards