The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Record route

Any question about the app? Ask it here
JTT

[closed] Record route

Post by JTT »

Is it possible to record a route travelled, or to add this functionality in, so that time, distance average speed etc are also recorded? Thanks
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Record route

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Our application AlpineQuest offers this ability through it's "Location Tracker": http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/1.4/tracker.
Then you can get statistics and graphics of your hikes.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
DrX-ray

Post by DrX-ray »

Has the OfflineMaps application the same property?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
This feature is dedicated to hiking and so only available in AlpineQuest.
It's quite easy to update from one app to another and keep all your data. Let me know if you're interested
Best regards

Post by Guest »

Hi, thank You for a fast reply.
Yes I'm very interesting for this feature.
I've installed OfflineMaps+ application on two my devices: mobile phone (smartphone) and android pad (tablet). I'm going to record my hiking tracks by smartphone and then analyse it using a tablet. But i was disappointed when i haven't found this feature on the OfflineMaps application.
Best regards.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Please contact me by email (contact[at]psyberia.net).
Best regards
Benjamais

Post by Benjamais »

I think this feature should be set as default every time Alpine Quest is switched on. It's up to the user to disable it if they wish.
At the same time, may be an addition to an info box at the top showing distance covered, and total ascent would help. Again this can ba an option. It will save moving from one screen to another to get that information on the go. Imagine the problem when using a pair of gloes in driving rain on to of a mountain. :x
I am a new arrival to AlpineQuest, and am using it on a full blown Handheld GPS with Android. More of these devices are coming on the market, and the Androids are getting better, so they will be used more and more for serious hikes.
By the way, I use a Garmin Monterra, and also my HTC One for town use. I am wondering whether I should set up a new topic to cover the users of the Garmin Monterra :idea: . Are there any interested parties out there? :)
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi and thanks for your feedback.
I think it's important that the users manually starts the record of the GPS locations, this is an intrusive feature and also request more battery. However you can start it very easily in just two clicks from the "GPS Location" menu (you don't have to open the tracker panel, just use the toggle in the submenu).
Concerning the information box there is already one displaying the recorded distance and time so far, have you noticed it? It's true that the total ascent is not displayed. You can also click on the recorded path displayed on the map and select "Details" to have more info from the map.
Let me know if it helps