The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[done] Edit displayed maps layer ordering

Any question about the app? Ask it here
flipflip

[done] Edit displayed maps layer ordering

Post by flipflip »

Hello

First of all: this is a great app, well worth the price! I use it all the time. (And I have tried a few other apps as well, this is the one I kept and bought).

However, I do miss one feature: the ability to change the order of the Diplayed maps layers.

To me this seems to be the obvious thing that should be possible. Do I overlook something? I did use the search (forum and big G), read through all the titles in this sub-forum, and read the online help, but I have not found even the slightest reference to this.

There's a suspicious custom_map_sets.fav file.. but it's binary it seems (as opposed to xml or something with an abvious syntax).

Also, saving a Displayed maps configuration to the Favorite maps & sets under an existing name will not replace the set (which is what I would have expected) but instead create another set with the same name (which one is which now?). I do see the work-around, though (delete the old set).

Do you think there's an easy way to implement layer reordering (e.g. a move up / move down in the map context menu)?

Regards,
flipflip
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Edit displayed maps layer ordering

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your interest, feedback and support.
You're right that you cannot change the order of the displayed maps right now (sorry if you spent time searching for that in the forum).
It hasn't been requested until now so I never took the time to add it. I'll see what I can do for the next update and keep you updated.

Also, I agree that a new saved set with an existing name should replace the existing one. This will be changed.

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
flipflip

Post by flipflip »

Hello,

it's been a while and a few updates.. So I wondered if these (layer ordering feature, saved sets overwrite/replace) are still being considered.

I'm not sure if the "Summary list of suggested features" is maintained (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=224 ). Other forums often have a "last edited" timestamp.

Can you give any update?

Regards,
flip
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,
All my apologizes concerning your request. You're right it has been a long time.
I've updated the requested features list with recent request (requests come faster that added features...).
Right now I'm working on a main update, I'll make my possible to include your request in it.
Best regards
flipflip

Post by flipflip »

Yay, it's now possible in AQ 2.0. Many thanks!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Absolutely.
Sorry it took so much time...
Best regards