The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Tool to select waypoints in the map and delete / copy

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Miguel

[closed] Tool to select waypoints in the map and delete / copy

Post by Miguel »

Hi there,
It would be very useful a tool to select waypoints by dragging a rectangle on the map, and then be able to delete or copy them (at least delete). I need to delete waypoints that I don't need any more, but I don't know in which files / folders they are located, and often I didn't put names on them.
Thanks!
Cheers,
Miguel
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Tool to select waypoints in the map and delete / copy

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your feedback.
Note that you can click on any displayed waypoint on the map, click on it's name on the popup menu to display available actions and select "Delete" to delete the waypoint (different from "Remove" that just removes the waypoints form the display).
However the rectangle selection is a good idea for selecting multiple items on the map. I've added this on my wanted features list and I'll look if there's a way to add this. Unfortunately I cannot give you a release date right now.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Miguel

Post by Miguel »

Hello,
Thanks for adding to the wanted features list. No hurries about dates.
Yes, I'm aware I can delete the points by clicking them on the map, but the problem is that they are too many!
Thanks for the reply.
Best,
Miguel
eas

Post by eas »

Could I please add my voice to Miguel's request for a 'selection tool' for selecting a large number of waypoints. I would suggest maybe a rectangle to select waypoints in an area?

i have the same problem because now the program is slowing up due to the number of ungrouped waypoints I have created. I would now like to group my waypoints but it is impractical to select each waypoint one at a time.

Thanks,

Liz
eas
Scottish Highlands, UK
--
AlpineQuest 1.4.22 and 1.4.22b
Samsung Galaxy S II : Android 4.1.2 --- Sony Tablet S : Android 4.0.3 --- Hudl2 : Android 5.1
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Yes this feature would be nice, I'll try to add it. However there are lots of waiting features I'd like to work one before, so I can't give you a release date right now.

Here are tips you may find helpful to sort your waypoints (but I know this is not ideal):
- you can group all of them in a single set (http://www.offline-maps.net/en/help/landmarks/grouping) to display/hide it easily;
- you can use an Android file explorer to move the waypoints file into folders in order to group them in different sets.

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !